One of the Shoes Feet Gear - Brisbane Podiatry Sports Podiatrists reviews the New Asics Kayano 25 ahead of the global release date.
Shoes Feet Gear now has the mens and womens Asics Kayano 25 in stock to buy. Check them out here:
Key Updates to Kayano 25:
- Wider, rounder and roomier forefoot compared with Kayano 24 and significantly more than Kayano 23
- New Flyte Foam Propel for better shock attenuation and rebound than Kayano 24
- 10 grams more weight than the Kayano 24
Is it time to get back into the Kayano?
Some punters were put off by the slimming down of the Kayano 23 when it came to town and experienced tightness around the forefoot and the toe areas. Moves were made with the Kayano 24 and some of the lost soles drifted back to the Kayano 24 to give it another go. The Kayano 25 has taken it a leap further with even more room and a generous rounded shape at the forefoot and toes to ease any of these earlier concerns.
The new Flyte Foam Propel has a great rebound effect and awesome shock attenuation to smooth things out for the heavy hitters. It does add a little bit of weight, but the rage is all about energy return at the moment with these foam materials and most people are happy to forego a little bit of weight for this.
The Kayano 25 will win back the small percentage of Kayano fans who drifted away with previous narrow versions, while keeping things pretty sleek and stylish. It will be a win for Asics.
If you are deciding whether to buy the Asics Kayano 25, the pro's are with comfort and energy return while the cons are a little more weight and bulk.
Quick Comparison Table
|Asics Kayano 25||Asics Kayano 24|
|More room in the forefoot||More room than 23 in the forefoot|
|Softer, Stretchier upper||Still a bit constrictive in forefoot|
|Flyte Foam Propel (full length)||Flyte Foam|
|Flyte Foam Lyte (heel)||Flyte Foam Lyte (full length)|
|22mm heel - 12mm forefoot (mens)||22mm heel - 12mm forefoot (mens)|
|10mm heel drop (mens)||10mm heel drop (mens)|
|25mm heel - 12mm forefoot (womens)||25mm heel - 12mm forefoot (womens)|
|13mm heel drop (womens)||13mm heel drop (womens)|
|Meta Clutch Heel Counter||Meta Clutch Heel Counter|
Asics Kayano 25 Compared to Asics Kayano 24 Images
- Wider shape to the forefoot, especially around the smaller toes
- More adaptive mesh to allow sideways stretch
- More comfortable and conforming fit compared to the Kayano 24 and especially more roomy in the forefoot compared to the Kayano 23.
- redesign of the 'taping' on the inside of the shoe upper for less pressure on the forefoot. Taping can be seen in yellow below the laces on the Kayano 24 and less prominent on the Kayano 25.
- outsole changes with more of a 'lug' type grip pattern for better traction and joins to the blown rubber outsole under the big toe to resist late stage pronation.
- Updated trusstic system for smooth support and shank stiffness.
- Less Gel in heel compared to the Kayano 24 and no visual gel in the forefoot on the Kayano 25.
- Less Gel means less weight, however new Flyte Foam Propel weighs the shoe in at 335g instead of 320g for the Kayano 24
- Flyte Foam Propel does give more energy return.