The GEL-KAYANO series has also been at the forefront of transparency in sustainability, with GEL-KAYANO™ 17 being the prototype of our previously conducted ‘Lifecycle CO2e emission” research in partnership with The Massachusetts Institute of Technology back in 2012. The GEL-KAYANO™ 30 model continues this important legacy.
Not only is the shoe’s carbon footprint 14% lower than the industry average*, it is also the first ASICS shoe to label the amount of lifecycle CO2e emissions – evolved from the original research we completed with MIT – as another step forward in sustainability.
• Engineered Stretch Knit Upper helps reduce the need for traditional overlays. It's breathable and also creates a more comfortable fit with better flexibility.
• The new 4D GUIDANCE SYSTEM™ provides a holistic approach to stability via a shoe's wider basenets, increased heel bevel, flared midsole geometry and new medial foam (HC43).
• Full length FF BLAST™ PLUS ECO (HC48) midsole foam (+4mm increased stack height)
• PureGEL™ technology in the rearfoot (HC15).
• HYBRID X-55 sockliner.
• Full ground contact outsole for a smoother, more efficient ride.
• ASICS AHAR Low Density rubber outsole is highly durable.